5 Must-Try Indian-Flavoured Cocktails At Home
Ready for a cocktail adventure packed with the flavours of India?
India is known for its rich cultural heritage and diverse culinary traditions. It offers a tantalising array of flavours that simply delights the senses. On that note, we have curated a special collection of handcrafted cocktail recipes that capture the essence of India like no other. From aromatic spices to luscious tropical fruits and herbs - there is a whole world of flavours waiting to be explored. With these Indian flavour-inspired creations, you can sip your way through the unforgettable cocktail at-home experience.
Spice Up Your Home Bar: 5 Must-Try Indian Flavoured Cocktails
1. Jaljeera Mojito
The Jaljeera Mojito is a vibrant and refreshing twist on the classic Mojito cocktail recipe, inspired by the zesty flavours of India. This invigorating cocktail recipe combines the tangy and spicy notes of jaljeera, with the crispness of a classic Mojito. Every sip is a delightful fusion of citrus, and spice transporting your taste buds to the world of exotic flavours.
Here’s how you can do this cocktail at home:
- In a cocktail shaker muddle fresh ginger and jaljeera powder
- Next, add a few mint leaves, 30ml tamarind syrup, 45ml of Rum, and 15ml of freshly squeezed lime juice. Add ice and shake well
- Pour into a highball glass over the ice
- Top up with soda water and garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves
2. Boozy Mango Lassi
The delightful blend of rich and creamy mango and vodka will take your taste buds on a tropical escape. This vodka cocktail recipe takes inspiration from the traditional Indian yoghurt-based beverage, infusing it with a generous splash of your favourite vodka. Boozy Mango Lassi is a refreshing and irresistible drink with delicious balance flavours that you have to try!
Here's how you can make this vodka cocktail at home:
- Combine 1 ripe mango (peeled, diced and stone removed), 60ml of Vokda, 120ml of yoghurt and ice cubes in a blender
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cardamom, a sprig of mint and a mango slice
3. Nimbu Pani Mint Julep
Experience a refreshing fusion of Indian and Southern flavours with the Nimbu Pani Mint Julep. This unique cocktail recipe is a delectable marriage between Nimbu Pani, a traditional Indian lemonade infused with spices and the goodness of Mint Julep. The result is a tantalising medley of flavours that will leave your senses invigorated!
Here's how you can make this cocktail at home:
- Make a sweet and salty simple syrup by combing 1/2 cup water, sugar, black salt, and mint in a saucepan. Heat until dissolved. Strain and cool.
- Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of the julep cup. Fill halfway with ice.
- Pour 60ml of Whisky into the cup, and 30ml of lime juice along with prepared simple syrup into the cup.
- Top the drink with seltzer and stir to combine
- Garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!
4. Hot Toddy
Hot Toddy is a comforting and soul-warming beverage that combines the classic charm and vibrant flavours of India. This soothing cocktail recipe is infused with aromatic spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves, adding a touch of exotic warmth to every sip. Sip on this delightful blend of spirits, spices, and hot water, and let this cocktail envelop you in a cosy embrace, perfect for chilly evenings or relaxing moments.
Here’s how you can make this cocktail at home:
- Boil water with fresh ginger.
- Add 1 tbsp sugar, and 1 tbsp lemon juice to a serving mug along with spices such as cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom pods and cloves.
- Pour 1/4 cup of ginger-infused boiling water into the mug.
- Next, pour 60ml of Whisky and stir to combine
- Garnished with a lemon slice and serve hot
5. Mumbai Mule
The Mumbai Mule is a vibrant and refreshing cocktail that infuses the lively flavours of Mumbai's streets into the classic Moscow Mule cocktail recipe. This delightful vodka cocktail combines spiced ginger syrup, zesty lemon, and vodka in an invigorating mix. With every sip, Mumbai Mule will create a truly refreshing and captivating experience.
Here’s how you can make this vodka cocktail at home:
- In a copper cup, pour 45ml of vodka, 22ml of spiced ginger simple syrup*, and 15ml of lemon juice.
- Top with ginger beer, add ice cubes and stir.
- Garnish with mint and lime. Serve and enjoy!
*Recipe for spiced ginger simple syrup: Lightly toast saffron, cumin, and coriander in a pan. Mix water and sugar until dissolved. Blend toasted spices, chopped ginger, and sugar water until smooth. Strain and refrigerate for 1 hour.
And that concludes our selection of handpicked cocktail recipes infused with an Indian twist! These tantalising concoctions have the power to elevate any occasion and enhance your mixology skills. So, put on your bar hats and get ready to embark on a thrilling journey of crafting these delightful cocktails at home with ease. It's time to explore the world of flavours and create memorable experiences sip by sip!