Delightful Dark Rum Cocktail Recipes You Must Try
Love rum cocktails? Do you enjoy the delicious taste of dark rum? Then you are in for a treat! If you have a bottle of Captain Morgan Dark Rum in your bar cabinet, it’s time to pull it out and start mixing. We have compiled a delectable list of dark rum cocktail recipes that are sure to tantalise your taste buds. Whether you are a home bartender who loves mixing drinks or you are someone who is looking for special drinks to serve at your next house party, these cocktails are perfect for you!
Dark Rum Cocktail Recipes
1. Jungle Bird Cocktail Recipe
A flavourful cocktail that will leave your taste buds doing a happy dance! The jungle bird cocktail recipe is a delectable combination of dark rum, Italian herbal liqueur, simple syrup, fresh lime and luscious pineapple juice. Here’s how you can mix this cocktail at home:
- Captain Morgan Dark Rum - 45ml
- Italian Red Bitter Liqueurs - 30ml
- Fresh Lime Juice - 30ml
- Simple Syrup - 15ml
- Pineapple Juice - 60ml
- In a mixing glass, combine Captain Morgan Dark Rum, bitter liqueur, freshly squeezed lime juice, simple syrup, and pineapple juice.
- Stir gently to combine the ingredients.
- Strain into a rocks glass or tiki glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple leaf and a slice of lime.
2. Mai Tai Cocktail Recipe
The refreshing and exotic flavours of the Mai Tai cocktail are sure to please even the most discerning taste buds. The combination of white rum, dark rum, orgeat syrup with lime and orange curaçao is a treat to the senses. If you want to mix Mai Tai cocktail at home, here’s a simple recipe for you:
- White Rum - 45ml
- Captain Morgan Dark Rum - 15ml
- Orange curaçao - 22ml
- Fresh lime juice - 22ml
- Orgeat syrup - 15ml
- Lime wheel - 1
- Mint sprig - 1
- Grab a cocktail shaker and fill it with crushed ice.
- Measure and pour white rum, orange curaçao, lime juice and orgeat syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake briefly and pour it into a glass.
- Using the back of the bar spoon, float Captain Morgan Dark Rum over the top.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a lime wheel.
3. Captain’s Storm Cocktail Recipe
Want to craft an absolutely simple and refreshing cocktail at home? Try Captain’s Storm! A quick and easy dark rum cocktail with the perfect hint of spicy and zesty ginger ale. Here’s the cocktail recipe for you to mix:
- Captain Morgan Dark Rum - 50ml
- Ginger Ale - top-up
- Lime Wedge - 1
- Grab a tall glass and fill it with ice cubes.
- Measure and pour Captain Morgan Dark Rum
- Top the drink with ginger ale
- Stir well to combine.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and serve chilled!
4. Rum Punch Cocktail Recipe
A variation of Mai Tai, Rum Punch is a delightful cocktail that is a fusion of flavours. Fruity, tarty and delicious this dark rum cocktail will surely light up your senses with its satisfying taste. To craft this cocktail at home, here’s the recipe for you:
- White Rum - 30ml
- Captain Morgan Dark Rum - 30ml
- Fresh Lime Juice - 15ml
- Orange Juice - 30ml
- Grenadine - 15ml
- Pineapple Juice - 60ml
- Orange Slices - 1-2
- Grab a highball glass and fill it with ice.
- Measure and pour white rum, Captain Morgan Dark Rum, freshly squeezed lime juice, orange juice, and pineapple juice into the glass over the ice.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Next, gently pour the grenadine to create a stunning layer of colours.
- Garnish with orange slices and cherries if available.