DIY Homemade Ginger Beer Recipes For Home Bartenders
Looking for a fizzy and flavourful adventure? If you are a home bartender you must love adding ginger beer while concocting your favourite cocktail recipes such as Moscow Mule, Ginger Rickey, Dark N Stormy, Irish Mule etc! Or maybe, you simply love the refreshing burst of goodness of ginger beer after a long and tiring day! Instead of store-bought ginger beer, what if we told you that you can make one right in the comfort of your home?
Well, here it is! DIY Homemade Ginger Beer recipe. This is perfect for home bartenders who love to whip up delectable cocktails at home or someone who is looking for a rejuvenating non-alcoholic drink to make at home. This elixir is bound to add a touch of zing to your cocktail recipes!
Simple Homemade Ginger Beer Recipe To Try Now!
What is ginger beer?
Before we share the ginger beer recipe with you, let’s first understand what ginger beer is. It’s a non-alcoholic carbonated drink which is infused with the goodness of ginger. It has a kick of spice and refreshing flavour which makes it an ideal ingredient for a wide assortment of cocktail recipes.
But wait, don’t confuse ginger beer with ginger ale. While ginger ale is mild and has sweet flavours, ginger beer is fiery and bold. It’s perfect to be mixed with dark spirits like whisky, and rum.
DIY Ginger Beer Recipe For Home Bartenders
Making your own ginger beer is a great method to ensure that you're using high-quality ingredients in your cocktail recipes. Even better, ginger beer can be served fresh out of the fridge on the rocks with a lemon garnish! It's a wonderful non-alcoholic beverage to serve when your friends arrive unexpectedly, leaving you with no time to make cocktails or mocktails. You can also sip this refreshing drink by yourself to unwind after a long day.
Here’s What You Will Need For A Homemade Ginger Beer Recipe
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup
- Water -7½ cups
- Grated ginger (fresh) - 2 tablespoons
- Active dry yeast - 1/8 teaspoon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 3 tablespoons
Here’s How To Make The Homemade Ginger Beer
1. To begin the DIY ginger beer recipe, you first need to make ginger syrup. Combine the grated ginger, sugar, and ½ cup of water in a saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to steep. Next, strain the mixture to remove any solids and allow it to cool. Your ginger syrup is ready!
2. Grab a bottle that you will store your syrup in. Using a funnel, sprinkle some yeast, next add the ginger syrup, lemon juice and 7 cups of water. Close the lid and shake the mixture until the yeast is dissolved.
3. For fermentation, place this on a shelf with adequate shade or in your pantry for 3 days, or until it turns fizzy. Make sure that it's away from the direct sunlight.
4. Your ginger beer has fermented and is now ready to drink. To prevent additional fermentation, place it in the refrigerator.
5. Important: Remember to open the bottle every day to let extra gas out. Otherwise, pressure will build up and the bottle would eventually burst. Refrigeration does not stop fermentation, it rather slows it down. So, must consume this drink within 1-2 weeks. Use a plastic bottle instead of a glass one, to be on the safer side.
Well, that’s it! Making homemade ginger beer is a rewarding experience. The time and effort you put into making this DIY ginger beer will definitely be worth its while. However, once you store the ginger beer in the fridge do remember to open the bottle every day and release the extra gas. This homemade ginger beer recipe is free of any chemicals or preservatives, so make sure to consume it within 1 or a maximum of 2 weeks. Home bartenders can use this in their cocktail recipes or consume it as a non-alcoholic drink. Simply pour it into a glass over ice, garnish with a lemon wheel and serve!