DIY Homemade Lime Cordial Recipe For Your Cocktails
Lime cordial is a zesty and delicious addition to any cocktail recipe. It's an essential mixer if you want to make delightful cocktails like the Gimlet or Margarita or create your own creative concoctions. Whether you're entertaining guests at home or making cocktails for yourself, lime cordial is a must-have ingredient in your bar cart! Instead of buying store-bought lime cordial, make your own! Here's a quick and easy homemade lime cordial recipe for you can try.
Elevate Your Mixology Game with a Homemade Lime Cordial Recipe
Ingredients That You Will Need
- Limes - 10
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
Homemade Lime Cordial Recipe Steps
1. Before you begin, wash the limes thoroughly to remove any dirt or impurities. Using a grater, zest the limes. Be cautious when zesting to avoid including the bitter white pith. Remove only the skin's outer green layer.
2. Now, cut the limes in halves and squeeze the juice from them. Strain the lime juice into a mixing bowl to remove any seeds or pulp.
3. Heat the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture continuously until the sugar fully dissolves.
4. Now, add the grated lime zest to the saucepan. Continue to stir for another minute.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave the mixture to steep for about 15 minutes. This will ensure that the lime zest infuses the syrup with its flavours.
6. Using a strainer, strain the syrup into a mixing bowl containing the lime juice. This will remove the lime zest and ensure a smooth consistency of the syrup.
7. Stir the ingredients thoroughly to combine.
8. Taste the cordial, and adjust the flavours if necessary. You can add more sugar to make it sweeter or more lime juice to make it more tangy.
9. Pour the lime cordial into a glass bottle or jar with an airtight lid. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Now that you have your homemade lime cordial ready, here are two cocktail recipes to try:
1. Gimlet Cocktail Recipe
Gimlet is a classic cocktail that is refreshing and delightful. Gin, and lime cordial pair perfectly with each other. The zesty notes of lime and botanical notes of gin seamlessly blend creating a drink that will linger on the palate for a while longer. Here’s the cocktail recipe for you to try:
- Gin - 60ml
- Lime cordial - 30ml
- Lime wedge - 1
-Grab a mixing glass and fill it with ice
- Measure and pour gin and lime cordial into the mixing glass
- Stir the ingredients well to combine
- Strain and pour into a chilled coupe glass
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and serve
2. Margarita Cocktail Recipe
Tequila, lime cordial, and orange liqueur come together to form a zesty concoction that will thrill the senses. The delicately balanced flavours of the Margarita cocktail are a true treat to the taste buds. Whatever may be the occasion, this cocktail will definitely add a burst of deliciousness to your moments! Here’s the cocktail recipe for you to try:
- Tequila - 60ml
- Lime cordial - 30ml
- Orange liqueur - 15ml
- Agave syrup - 7.5ml
- Lime wheel - 1
- Lime wedge - 1
- Prepare your margarita glass by rubbing the rim with a lime wedge. Add some salt to a plate and roll the rim of the glass in the salt to coat
- Grab a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice
- Measure and pour tequila, lime cordial, orange liqueur and agave syrup
- Shake the ingredients well to combine
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture into the prepared glass over fresh ice
- Garnish the drink with a lime wheel and serve
Additionally, for those who would want a non-alcoholic option, here are two mocktail recipes using lime cordial that you can mix at home.
1. Lime and soda Mocktail Recipe
Grab a tall glass and fill it with ice. Measure and pour 60ml of lime cordial into the glass over the ice. Top up with club soda and stir gently.
2. Lime and Tonic Mocktail Recipe
Grab a tall glass and fill it with ice. Measure and pour 60ml of lime cordial into the glass over the ice. Top up with tonic water and stir gently.
So that’s how you can concoct a homemade lime cordial! If you love entertaining your guests at home, or if you are a home bartender, or if you are simply someone who would love a mocktail to sip, this homemade lime cordial recipe will surely come in handy. Give it a try and let us know how it went!