Elevate Your Dinner Party With These Spirit-Infused Desserts
Ever wished that your favourite dessert and your go-to alcoholic drink to be combined? We hear you! Here we are with three spirit-infused dessert recipes that will take you on a journey which is both flavourful, familiar and exciting. These spirit-infused desserts would give an elegant yet exciting twist to your dinner party menu, whether it’s the sweet warmth of whisky, the richness of rum or the velvety crispiness of other spirits. Now you can end your dinner party with high spirits!
Three Spirit-Infused Dessert Recipes
1. Whisky Chocolate Pecan Pie
Reimagine the hosting party by transforming the regular pecan pie into an exquisite dinner party experience with this spirit-infused dessert. The rich and warming aromatic notes of fruit and caramel from Signature Premium Grain Whisky and dark chocolate velvety charm. Every bite is an indulgence with the nutty crunch of pecans blended with dark chocolate richness and subtle undertones of whisky.
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Signature Premium Grain Whisky
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F or 175º C.
- Spread dark chocolate chips and pecans on the crust pie.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, light corn syrup, Signature Whisky and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the whisked mixture over the chocolate and pecan mix.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until it sets.
- Cool it to room temperature and serve!
2. Rum Tiramisu
With a dessert that combines elegance and indulgence, Rum-Soaked Tiramisu, prepare to be taken from your dinner party table to the lovely streets of Italy. This magnificent party menu recipe elevates the traditional tiramisu by combining it with the robust and lively essence of rich vanilla and warm spices from the Captain Morgan Dark Rum. Layers of delicate ladyfinger cookies are soaked in rich, velvety rum-spiked espresso before being layered with creamy mascarpone cheese and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Captain Morgan Dark Rum
- 1 cup brewed espresso, cooled
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Whip some heavy cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Take another bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and Captain Morgan Dark Rum.
- Now gently fold and combine this mixture with the heavy cream.
- Dip the ladyfinger cookies in espresso and arrange a layer onto a deep serving dish.
- Spread half of the Captain Morgan Dark Rum infused mascarpone mixture and repeat layers.
- Dust with cocoa powder and leave it to chill before serving.
3. Whisky Caramel Bread Pudding
The spirited complexity of whisky and the sumptuous touch of silky caramel raises the timeless charm of bread pudding to new heights in this delicious party menu delicacy. The gentle embrace of custard-soaked bread melds with the powerful character of honey and caramel notes of Antiquity Blue Whisky. In contrast, the sweet caramel flows over it all, forming a tapestry of flavours that is as rich as it is comfortable.
- 6 cups cubed stale bread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Antiquity Blue Whisky
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- Grease a baking dish and arrange bread cubes in it.
- In a bowl whisk together cream, whole milk, sugar, eggs, Antiquity Blue Whisky and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and let it soak for about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top.
- Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until set and golden
- Cool it just a bit and serve!