How To Prep Your Home Bar For Holiday Season Hosting: A Complete Guide Part 1
It's that time of year again – the holiday season is upon us. It's a time filled with joy, great company and the exciting challenge of being the host. Join us on a journey as we explore how to set up your home bar for the festive season turning it into not just a bar, but also the heart of your Christmas celebrations.
Indispensable Spirits for Your Bar
To kickstart your home bar you need to curate a selection of top notch spirits. Remember, quality matters more than quantity. Here are some must have choices:
1. Gin: Consider options like Tanqueray or Gordons – they're perfect for those who enjoy a tipple infused with goodness. Ideal for creating G&Ts or venturing into adventurous cocktail creations.
2. Vodka: This versatile spirit is an essential. Brands such as Smirnoff, Ketel One or Ciroc can add a touch of elegance to your cocktails.
3. Tequila: Don Julio is a choice when you want to bring some excitement and flair to your tequila-based drinks.
4. Whisky: You can never go wrong with the deep flavour offered by Johnnie Walker whisky.
Spruce Up the Decor
Let’s dive into the part of decorating your bar with a touch. Here are some ideas to get your bar looking merry:
1. Fairy lights: Add that Christmas vibe by hanging twinkling fairy lights around your bar.
2. Christmas ornaments: place a few ornaments to give your bar a festive flair.
3. Wreaths: Embrace the greenery with garlands and wreaths adorned with pinecones and berries for a touch.
4. Festive glassware: Serve your drinks in Christmas themed glasses for that spirit of the season.
Ingredients with a Festive Touch
Now let’s move on to the ingredients that can take your cocktails from ordinary to extraordinary:
1. Cinnamon and nutmeg: These quintessential Christmas spices bring warmth and holiday flavour to your cocktails.
2. Star Anise and cloves: Add depth and an exotic aroma by incorporating star anise and cloves into your creations.
3. Fresh herbs: Consider rosemary, thyme or mint to infuse flavours into your cocktails as well as garnish them beautifully.
4. Citrus peels: Don't forget orange and lemon peels for zesting or adding garnishes to elevate the taste of your drinks.
Tips to Serve Up Some Holiday Magic
With all these elements, in place lets now mix up some holiday magic!
1. Looking to add a touch, to your gin and tonic? Try incorporating rosemary and cranberries for a flair.
2. If you're in the mood for a drink, consider a Spiced Vodka Apple Cider. This delightful concoction combines vodka, apple cider, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. For a Christmas-themed margarita mix Don Julio tequila with cranberry juice, lime and a dash of orange liqueur. Garnish it with cranberries. Rosemary for an added touch of holiday spirit.
4. If you appreciate the elegance of a whisky, enjoy Johnnie Walker Gold Label Neat. Sometimes simplicity is the key to indulging in the richness of a quality whisky.
So there you have it! Use these ideas to create a holiday bar experience that goes beyond serving drinks; it's about making cherished memories. Remember to be creative while serving responsibly and embrace the joy and warmth of the season with your loved ones. Here's to a holiday season! And remember to drink responsibly.