South Side Cocktail Recipe And Twists You Can Try
Do you enjoy sipping refreshing cocktails like Tom Collins or a Mojito? Do you love cocktails that are packed with the goodness of mint and citrus? If yes, then South Side is a perfect cocktail for you! If you are a home bartender or a cocktail enthusiast, chances are that you have already tried this delightful drink. But if you want to up your cocktail game and create some delectable drinks, then you are in for a treat! We have got the perfect South Side cocktail recipe for you and some exciting twists that you can try.
South Side Cocktail Recipe & Variations
South Side Cocktail Recipe
This is a classic gin cocktail with a history of over 100 years, however, the story of its exact origins remains a mystery. This delightful cocktail is bursting with flavours and is easy on the palate. The exciting combination of Tanqueray London Dry Gin, with mint and lime is a must-try for anyone looking for a refreshing drink. This is a perfect drink for any home bartender or cocktail lover who wants to treat themselves or impress their house party guests. Though you can enjoy this all year round, this is an ideal cocktail for your summertime sipping. Here’s the gin cocktail recipe for you to try:
- Tanqueray London Dry Gin - 50ml
- Fresh Lime Juice - 25ml
- Simple Syrup - 25ml
- Mint Leaves - 4
- Grab a cocktail shaker and add a few mint leaves, freshly squeezed lime juice and simple syrup to it.
- Using a muddler, muddle the ingredients to release their essence and aroma.
- Next, measure and pour Tanqueray London Dry into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the ingredients well to combine.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig and serve!
South Side Cocktail Variations To Try
Now that you have the classic cocktail recipe perfected, how about you try some delicious variations and twists? South Side cocktail is versatile and flavourful. As a home bartender, you can easily experiment with the ingredients to create your own signature drinks. If you are a cocktail lover, mixing these cocktails at home is a breeze! Here are a few South Side cocktail variations to try at home:
1. Spring Spicy Citrus Southside Cocktail Recipe
If you have a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Label Blended Scotch Whisky lying around, it’s time to pick it up and whip up this twist on the classic cocktail! This variation uses scotch whisky instead of the gin and it’s absolutely delightful to the senses. Johnnie Walker Gold Label is made with carefully chosen whiskies that boast intricate flavours and sweet, honeyed qualities. Here’s the scotch whisky cocktail recipe for you to try at home:
- Johnnie Walker Gold Label Blended Scotch Whisky - 50ml
- Agave Syrup - 10ml
- Lime Juice - 20ml
- Mint Leaves - 6-7
- Green Tabasco - 2 dashes
- Jalapeno Slices - 2-3
- Grab a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Measure and pour 50ml of Johnnie Walker Gold Label Blended Scotch Whisky, agave syrup, freshly squeezed lime juice, a few mint leaves and two dashes of green tabasco into the shaker.
- Shake well to combine the ingredients.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig and sliced jalapeno slices.
2. South Side Fizz Cocktail Recipe
How about bringing some fizzy goodness to the classic cocktail recipe? South Side Fizz is a popular variation of the classic drink that features gin, citrus, mint and soda. The rich botanical flavours of Tanqueray No TEN Gin, mingle seamlessly with lime, mint and sugar. Top it off with a splash of soda and you have a delightful drink to sip. If you want to craft this refreshing cocktail at home, here’s the recipe for you:
- Tanqueray No TEN Gin - 50ml
- Lime juice - 25ml
- Mint leaves - 6-8
- Sugar syrup - 15ml
- Soda water - 60ml
- Mint sprig
- Grab a few mint leaves and slap it in hand to release its aromas. Add it to the highball glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Next, measure and pour Tanqueray No TEN Gin, freshly squeezed lime juice, and sugar syrup into the glass.
- Stir the ingredients briefly to combine.
- Top up with soda water and stir again.
- Add more ice if required.
- Garnish the drink with a sprig of mint and serve chilled!
3. Smirnoff South Side Cocktail Recipe
The classic gin cocktail gets a vodka spin in this exciting cocktail recipe. Crafted with Smirnoff Green Apple, this vodka cocktail is crispy and blissful to the senses. The delectable flavours of sweet and tart of the spirit combine with the cranberry beautifully. Mixing this cocktail at home is simple and easy. Whether it’s a house party or you want to unwind with a spirited drink, this one will surely refresh your taste buds. Here’s the vodka cocktail recipe for you to try:
- Smirnoff Green Apple Vodka - 50ml
- Cranberry juice - 100ml
- Lime Wedge - 1
- Grab a tall glass (Collins or a highball glass) and fill it with ice.
- Measure and pour Smirnoff Green Apple Vodka, and 100ml of fresh cranberry juice into the drink.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and serve!