Essential Tips To Batch Cocktails For Your Parties
If you love hosting parties, chances are that you often spend most of your time making drinks for your guests. Sounds like something that you have been struggling with? Well, don’t worry. We have got a great solution for you. Have you tried batching your cocktails? Yes, by batching cocktails you will be able to impress your guests with some delectable drinks without breaking a sweat. It's a smart and easy way to prepare your cocktails ahead of time and enjoy the party with your guests. If you are interested to know all about batched cocktails then keep reading! This might just be what you need to spruce up your next cocktail party.
Everything You Need To Know To Batch Cocktails
What Exactly Is Batching Cocktails?
Batching cocktails is essentially a method where you make the drinks in large quantities before serving them. This will save time, effort and can also help in maintaining the consistency of the cocktails. When hosting parties or events, batching cocktails is a life-saver. This way, you don’t have to spend a lot of time mixing drinks for individual guests and you can actually enjoy the party. All you have to do is scale up the ingredients, mix them together and store them in advance. During the party, you will be able to simply pour the drinks into the glasses, garnish on the go and serve your guests delightful drinks to indulge their senses.
Brief Guide To Batching Cocktails
1. Choose a simple and easy cocktail recipe. Best-suited recipes are those that can be easily multiplied and are not complex to mix.
2. The key to getting the flavours of your batched cocktails right is in the precise measurements of the ingredients. Always use measuring cups for this purpose.
3. Depending on the amount of cocktails you are planning to make, choose a large container such as a pitcher or a punch bowl.
4. Pay attention to dilution. Typically, when you make a cocktail, you shake or stir the ingredients together with ice to combine. Thus, the ice melts and dilutes the drink. However, while batching the cocktails, the amount of water you add to the drink will simulate the effect of ice. So, it all depends on the cocktail that you choose to mix.
5. Freeze or refrigerate your cocktails until it’s time to serve. Pour the drinks into glasses, garnish and serve them to your guests.
6. If your chosen recipe has bitters as cocktail ingredients, try not to overdo it. It can influence the flavour too much. Just add a minimal amount and you can compensate it while serving the drink.
7. While batching cocktails avoid perishable cocktail ingredients such as egg whites.
Batched Cocktail Recipe You Can Try
To get you started, we have a simple and easy recipe that you can mix at home. Whether you are hosting a cocktail party or trying to mix a drink for your family, this recipe will be perfect.
Frozen Strawberry Paloma Cocktail Recipe
If you want to save time on mixing cocktails for individual guests, try this super easy recipe! All you have to do is blend your ingredients and serve. Luscious strawberries, citrus and tequila create a symphony of flavours that will swirl delightfully on your palate. This recipe serves up to 6 glasses and you can whip this up in barely a few minutes. Here’s the cocktail recipe for you:
- Don Julio Blanco Tequila - 270ml
- 3 cups Frozen Strawberries - 3 cups
- Fresh Grapefruit Juice - 1 ¼ cups
- Fresh Lime Juice - 75ml
- Agave - 120ml
- Ice - 1 cup
- Salt - 1 Pinch
- Fresh Strawberries
- Grab a blender and add a cup of ice to it
- Measure and pour Don Julio Blanco Tequila, frozen strawberries, fresh grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed lime juice, agave and a pinch of salt
- Blend the ingredients until you get a smooth consistency
- Pour the drinks into highball glasses
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve