Home Bartender Series - 5 Classic Cocktails You Must Know
Elevate your home bartender skills by adding these timeless classics to your home bar menu. These five classic cocktail recipes should be part of your repertoire whether you plan to become a mixologist or just love making drinks at home. This curated list of classic cocktail recipes will arm you with the knowledge to master the craft of mixology in the convenience of your own home, whether you prefer the classy Martini or the fiery Margarita or just a fan of the classics in general.
Five Classic Cocktail Recipes For You
A classic that has stood the test of time and is simple to prepare in batches. Enjoy how the crisp, citrusy Don Julio Blanco Tequila blends with the zingy freshness of lime juice.
- 60 ml Don Julio Blanco tequila
- 30 ml fresh lime juice
- 30 ml triple sec
- Salt for rimming
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Rim the glass with salt.
- In a shaker, combine Don Julio Blanco tequila, lime juice, and triple sec with ice.
- Shake well and strain into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy this timeless favourite.
The traditional cocktail recipe from the 1990s brings a touch of glamour to any home bar. Made famous by its appearances on the silver screen, this reliable cocktail recipe combines the subtle sweetness of cranberry with the tangy allure of citrus, all expertly balanced with the silky smoothness of Ciroc Ultra Premium Vodka.
- 30 ml Ciroc Ultra Premium Vodka
- 15 ml lime juice
- 15 ml orange curacao
- 20 ml cranberry juice
- Orange twist for garnish
- Orange zest
- In a shaker, pour in Ciroc Ultra Premium Vodka, lime juice, orange curacao, and cranberry juice and shake well with ice.
- Strain the drink into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist and a pinch of orange zest.
3. Whisky Sour
A classic cherished from generations and a symbol of a simple yet sophisticated taste palette. Whisky Sour combines tradition and innovation with fresh lemon brightness and dark subtle oak wood and smoky notes of the Signature Premier Grain Whisky together.
- 60 ml Signature Premier Grain Whisky
- 30 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 15 ml Simple Syrup
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add Signature Premier Grain Whisky, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake well and strain into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
4. Old Fashioned
The Old Fashioned is a cocktail that transports you back in time by honouring the origins of mixology. This drink's straightforward ingredients—bourbon, sugar, bitters, and an orange twist—harken back to a time when a great cocktail required the ideal mingling of flavours. We recommend using the Signature Premier Grain Whisky for its subtle smoky sweetness of caramel and fruit.
- 50 ml Signature Premier Grain Whisky
- Dash of angostura bitters
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- 1 sugar cube
- Place a sugar cube in the glass, add a dash of Angostura bitters and muddle until it dissolves.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour 50ml of Signature Premier Grain Whisky.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
- Serve and enjoy!
A testament to the classic cocktail experience, thanks to Count Negroni! This cocktail recipe combines the crisp Tanqueray No. Ten Gin, Italian aperitifs and Sweet Vermouth.
- 25 ml Tanqueray No. Ten Gin
- 25 ml Italian aperitifs
- 25ml Sweet Vermouth
- Grapefruit/orange peel
- Combine the ingredients and pour over in a glass filled with ice.
- Stir gently and garnish with a grapefruit/orange peel.