Tanqueray London Dry Gin Product Review By Afzal Kaba
One of the most awarded gins in the world, Tanqueray London Dry opens up a world of possibilities. Launched in 1830, Tanqueray London Dry is a classic gin that has left cocktail connoisseurs in awe of its flavours. Most popular and widely available, Tanqueray gin is perfect for whipping up delicious gin cocktails at home.
Tanqueray London Dry Gin Review
1. Tanqueray London Dry Gin - Unique Features
The Tanqueray London Dry Gin bottle is truly iconic. It is inspired by the shape of the cocktail shaker and has a distinct green colour. The bottle is a reminder of the bygone era of the roaring 1920s when mixology was finding its wings and blooming for the better. The bottle also comes with a captivating and unique red seal with the signature of Charles Tanqueray, the founder of the brand. The shape of the bottle is a reminder to the bartenders that Tanqueray London Dry Gin is perfect for mixing in cocktails.
2. Tanqueray London Dry Gin Flavour Profile - Burst of Freshness
Tanqueray has been the go-to brand for all things gin and for a really good reason. This top-shelf gin brand is a classic and offers a flavour profile that is well-balanced. Tanqueray London Dry Gin is a juniper-forward gin with distinctive flavours of piney juniper and feint lemon zest. Surprisingly, Tanqueray London Dry Gin is distilled with only four botanicals - juniper, coriander, angelica root and liquorice. Yet it offers a rich and aromatic flavour profile that’s a treat to the senses.
On the nose, Tanqueray London Dry Gin boasts aromas of citrus and juniper berries.
The freshness of citrus rejuvenates the senses while the hint of spiciness and sweetness swirls on the palate. Overall, it’s smooth and refreshing on the palate and has a long and clean finish
- Price Range
Tanqueray London Dry gin lies between Rs.2000 to Rs.3000. This makes it one of the premium and classic gin to fall under the affordable range. Perfect for your Sunday brunches and house parties.
- Suggested gin cocktails
Gin and tonic, Negroni, Gimlet, etc.
Now that you know why Tanqueray London Dry Gin is a popular choice and what makes it unique, here’s a classic cocktail that you can mix. This cocktail recipe is simple and effortless to mix at home. From house parties to self-indulgence, this gin cocktail is sure to impress.
Tanqueray Gin And Tonic Cocktail Recipe
There is nothing like a delightful blend of gin and tonic to refresh your senses. It’s easy to make and is blissful to the taste buds. Here’s a cocktail recipe for you:
- Tanqueray London Dry - 50ml
- Premium Tonic Water - 150ml
- Pink Grapefruit Slice - 1
- Grab a balloon glass or a Copa glass.
- Fill the glass with plenty of ice cubes.
- Using a jigger, measure and pour Tanqueray London Dry into the glass over the ice.
- Top up the drink with premium tonic water.
- To garnish, squeeze a pink grapefruit wedge into the glass and place it on top of the drink.
- If you want to take the garnishing up a notch, you can a few raspberries.
- Serve and enjoy the delightful flavours of Tanqueray Gin and Tonic!