5 Peppermint Tequila Cocktails For A Festive Tipple
The festive season is here with a bang and 2023 is the year for innovation behind the bar counter so why not bring in the festive spirit with the flavours of peppermint and tequila? This delightful blend of seasonal flavours is a guaranteed hit which brings cheer and warmth.
The crispness of peppermint pairs effortlessly with silver tequilas like the Don Julio Blanco or even the deeper hues of the Don Julio Reposado for refreshingly spirited beverages that encapsulate the joy of the season. And it’s not just a feast for the taste buds but also for the eyes with its vibrant hues capturing the essence of Yuletide merriment.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Create a warming and indulgent treat by adding a shot of tequila and a touch of peppermint to your favourite hot chocolate for a refreshing kick. This cosy cocktail is perfect for sipping by the fireplace on a chilly evening.
- 250 ml milk of your choice
- 15 ml dark cocoa powder
- 15 ml granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops of peppermint extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 30 ml Don Julio Blanco tequila
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except for the tequila.
- Whisk them together and heat on low until the mixture gently boils, stirring throughout.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool slightly. Add tequila and whisk again.
- Divide the spiced hot chocolate into three mugs.
- Top each mug with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or garnish with cinnamon sticks.
For a holiday twist on the classic margarita, this tequila-based cocktail has the punchy notes of tequila and the cooling mint edge that makes it a perfect refresher.
- 60 ml Don Julio Reposado tequila
- 30 ml peppermint schnapps
- 30 ml fresh lime juice
- 15 ml simple syrup
- Salt for rimming
- Candy cane or mint sprig for garnish
- Rim the glass with salt.
- In a shaker, combine tequila, peppermint schnapps, lime juice, and simple syrup with ice.
- Shake well and strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a candy cane or a sprig of fresh mint.
Put a holiday spin on the traditional Paloma by combining tequila with peppermint syrup and fresh grapefruit juice for a crisp and invigorating cocktail with a festive touch.
- 60 ml Don Julio Blanco tequila
- 30 ml peppermint syrup
- 15 ml fresh grapefruit juice
- Squeeze of lime
- Club soda
- Grapefruit wedge for garnish
- In a shaker, combine tequila, peppermint syrup, grapefruit juice, and lime with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
Candy Cane Cooler
With the bright red hues and chilly taste of peppermint, this cocktail is a sure-shot seasonal favourite. Top it off with crushed candy canes for a perfect finish.
- 50 ml Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- 100 ml Cranberry Juice
- 20 ml Peppermint Syrup
- 15 ml Lime Juice
- Ice Cubes
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Pour in 50 ml of tequila. Add 100 ml of cranberry juice to the shaker.
- Measure and pour 20 ml of peppermint syrup into the mix. Squeeze 15 ml of fresh lime juice into the shaker.
- Secure the shaker lid and shake the ingredients vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to chill the mixture.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled glass filled with ice cubes.
Even those who are skipping alcohol this festive season can partake in some delicious peppermint creations with this sparkling tea-based mocktail that is sweet and invigorating.
- 1 peppermint tea bag
- Sparkling water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Boil water and steep the peppermint tea bag in a cup for about 5 minutes. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the peppermint tea has cooled, remove the tea bag and place the brewed tea in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a chilled glass and pour the cooled peppermint tea into it.
- Add sparkling water to the glass and stir in 1 teaspoon of honey to sweeten the drink. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Garnish the Peppermint Sparkler with fresh mint leaves.