5 Pickled Cocktails To Try This Holiday Season
The holiday season is all about festive gatherings and delicious drinks. Delicious classic drinks are okay, but what about switching it up for everyone? This year, why not spice things up a bit with pickled cocktails? These creative concoctions not only bring a nice, tangy twist to your glass but also add a touch of uniqueness to your holiday celebrations.
If this holiday season, your plan is to wow your family, friends and guests, you have stumbled upon the correct article. So, here are 5 delicious, pickled cocktails you can create and try out this festive season.
1. Pickle Punch Delight:
Start your holiday festivities with a Pickle Punch Delight, considering the easiest cocktail to make in a large batch is the fan favourite punch. Mix together your preferred fruit punch, a splash of vodka, and a generous helping of pickled fruit slices – think apples, peaches, or berries. The result? A fruity and zesty punch that will have your guests asking for the recipe.
2. Festive Pickle Mule:
Who does not like the classic Moscow Mule? Put a spin on the classic Moscow Mule by adding pickled ginger and a splash of pickle juice. The combination of the mule's gingery kick and the pickle's tanginess creates a refreshing and festive drink. Serve it in a copper mug for an extra touch of holiday flair.
3. Cranberry Pickle Sparkler:
This is the season for cranberries, and what better way to enjoy them than in a Cranberry Pickle Sparkler? Mix cranberry juice with a bit of sparkling water, add a splash of vodka, and garnish with pickled cranberries. This sparkling treat is visually appealing, quick and super easy to make and deliciously tart.
4. Spiced Pickle Cider:
Warm up your holiday gatherings with a Spiced Pickle Cider. Combine your favourite apple cider with a shot of spiced rum and a hint of pickled cinnamon sticks. The result is a cosy and comforting drink that captures the essence of the season.
5. Pickled Peppermint Martini:
Wrap up your holiday celebration with a Pickled Peppermint Martini. Infuse your favourite vodka like smirnoff with pickled peppermint leaves for a unique twist. Add a splash of simple syrup, shake well, and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a pickled peppermint leaf for a festive touch.
Tips for Pickled Cocktail Success:
- Experiment with Pickled Garnishes: Don't limit yourself to just pickled fruits. Try pickled vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, or even beets as garnishes for your cocktails.
- Homemade Pickles: If you have the time, consider making your own pickles at home. This allows you to tailor the flavours to your liking and impress your guests with a personalised touch.
- Balance is Key: When incorporating pickles into your cocktails, remember that balance is key. The tanginess should complement the other flavours without overpowering them.
- Pickled Ice Cubes: Freeze pickle juice into ice cubes for an extra burst of flavour. These cubes slowly melt, infusing your drink with a delightful tang as you sip.