Make Silver Screen Magic With 6 Movie-Inspired Cocktails
The magic of the silver screen doesn’t necessarily stay confined to the silver screen. When movies and characters win the hearts of audiences, they find a way to seep into every aspect of life and one delicious way to pay homage to the films that inspire us is through the art of mixology.
Many films have inspired cocktails that are a delight both to the eyes and the tongue, but here are a few outstanding ones that you should try.
Here’s a cocktail offer you can’t refuse/ A cinematic sip of sophistication, The Godfather cocktail pays homage to the classic film with its smooth blend of Scotch Whiskey and amaretto. A refined choice, reminiscent of the character's taste for the finer things in life.
- 45 ml Scotch Johnny Walker Blended Scotch
- 40 ml amaretto almond liqueur
- Place ice in an old-fashioned glass.
- Pour in the Scotch Johnny Walker Blended Scotch and amaretto almond liqueur.
- Optionally, bourbon can be used instead of Johnny Walker Blended Scotch.
If you love the drama of Bella and Edward’s romance, you’ll love this cocktail. It elegantly combines tequila, cranberry juice, and a shot of grape juice. Enjoy your ‘vegetarian’ vampire delight.
- 1 part Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- 2 parts cranberry juice
- 1 shot of grape juice
- Take a glass and fill 1/3 with Don Julio Blanco Tequila.
- Pour in cranberry juice, leaving space for the shot of grape juice.
Breakfast At Tiffany’s
With a touch of elegance, the Breakfast at Tiffany's cocktail, featuring orange marmalade, bitters, and Ciroc vodka, mirrors the sophistication of Holly Golightly herself. A refined libation that sparkles in a martini glass.
- 5 ml orange marmalade
- 5 ml orange bitters
- 2 shots Ciroc Vodka
- In a cocktail shaker, mix all ingredients.
- Double strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a twist of orange.
James Bond is the epitome of refinement and this cocktail is straight his world, the Vesper Martini marries gin, vodka, and Lillet Blanc in a daring blend. A cocktail as sharp and suave as 007, shaken with flair and served with a twist of lemon.
- 90 ml gin
- 30 ml Ciroc Vodka
- 15 ml white wine
- In a cocktail shaker half-filled with cracked ice, pour the gin, Ciroc Vodka, and Lillet Blanc.
- Shake well and pour into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Top with a twist of lemon.
The movie is a classic and so is the cocktail it inspired. Transport yourself to the romantic allure of Casablanca with this tropical delight. White rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and a touch of grenadine create a cocktail as exotic and captivating as the film's timeless love story.
- 60 ml white rum
- 15 ml coconut rum
- 120 ml pineapple juice
- 30 ml coconut cream
- 15 ml grenadine syrup
- Mix all ingredients (except grenadine).
- Blend with crushed ice and pour into a Collins glass.
- Add grenadine and serve with a slice of pineapple.
A vibrant and visually striking concoction, the Blue Lagoon cocktail captures the essence of its namesake. Vodka and Blue Curacao blend with lemonade, creating a dazzling blue elixir that mirrors the beauty of the crystal-clear lagoon waters from the movie.
- 30 ml Ciroc Vodka
- 30 ml Blue Curacao liqueur
- Lemonade to taste
- 1 Cherry garnish
- Mix Ciroc Vodka and Blue Curacao in a highball glass over ice.
- Add lemonade to the top.
- Garnish with the cherry.