Simplify House Party Menu Planning With These Tips and Cocktail Recipes
Planning a house party is no easy task. It requires careful attention to detail, from setting the right ambience to creating the most delectable party menu. In order to create a memorable experience for both your guests and yourself, you will need to craft an unforgettable menu. Your house party menu is an important factor in making your party a success. So to help you with this, we have curated some essential tips and quick and easy cocktail recipes for your house party menu planning.
Stress-Free House Party Planning: Tips and Easy Cocktail Recipes
1. Plan ahead and make a list of who will be attending your house party and then send out invitations. Make a unique invitation or a personalised message to invite them.
2. Don't forget to choose a fun or innovative theme for your party. Match your decor, including the invitations, to the theme. You can go the additional mile by matching your party menu to the theme of your party. At the end of the day, the ambience must be such that your guests feel comfortable and enjoy themselves.
3. Once you are done with all the planning, gather all the supplies you need. From the house party decor to the menu, make sure you have everything to create a memorable experience.
4. When planning your party menu, including appetisers, a main course and a delicious array of cocktails to make your food. Also, don’t forget to include an assortment of desserts for a comprehensive menu.
5. To liven up the atmosphere at your house party, choose an exciting playlist of songs or hire a DJ. Make sure to incorporate a range of music from various genres to cater to your guests' preferences.
6. To ensure a successful house party, ensure that everything runs smoothly. Consider safety, dietary requirements, seating arrangements, restrooms, a designated smoking area if necessary, and so on. Also, make sure your guests have enough room to roam about!
Well, those were a few of the essential tips for throwing a successful and memorable party. Let us now assist you with some delectable cocktail recipes for your house party menu planning!
1. Mojito Cocktail Recipe
Mojito cocktail is a refreshing and delectable rum cocktail that’s ideal for house parties. This classic drink, made with Captain Morgan Rum, mint, sugar, and club soda, is one of the tastiest and easiest to make at home and is guaranteed to satisfy. Here’s the cocktail recipe for you to try:
- Grab a cocktail shaker and add some mint leaves and 15ml of simple syrup.
- Gently muddle them and add some ice to the mix.
- Next, pour 60ml of rum, and 22ml of lime juice into the mix. Shake to combine.
- Next, grab a highball glass and fill it with ice.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture into the highball glass over ice.
- Top up with club soda and garnish with a mint sprig and lime wheel.
2. Gin and Tonic Cocktail Recipe
It doesn't get any easier or more delicious than this! Gin & Tonic is a classic cocktail made with only two ingredients. This delightful gin cocktail has long been a crowd-pleaser and is sure to brighten up your house parties! Here's a cocktail recipe you can make at home:
- Grab a highball glass and fill it with ice
- Measure and pour 60ml of Tanqueray London Dry Gin into the glass.
- Top up the drink with tonic water and give it a stir
- Garnish with a wheel of lime and serve
3. Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
One of the oldest whisky cocktails, Old Fashioned is a quick and simple cocktail that can add a sophisticated touch to your house parties. Adored by whisky connoisseurs worldwide, Old Fashioned is an elegant cocktail that you can easily make at home. Serving this drink at your next party will undoubtedly please your guests. Here’s the cocktail recipe for you to make at home:
- Grab a mixing glass and add 1 teaspoon of sugar to it. Next, 3 dashes of Angostura bitters followed by a teaspoon of water.
- Now stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Next, add some ice to the mix, and pour 60ml of whisky.
- Stir the ingredients until well blended.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture into a rocks glass over a large ice cube
- Garnish with an orange twist and serve!
So what do you think? Loved these tips and recipes? We hope this eased your house party planning woes and helped you find your inspiration for your party menu. Next time you are hosting a party, you know what you need to make it a grand success!