5 Cocktail Recipes That Pair Perfectly With Salads
Looking for something delectable to go with your salad? Add some excitement to your dining experience by pairing your favourite salads with delicious cocktails! Whether you are hosting a dinner party or simply looking to spice up your routine, these salad and cocktail pairings will delight your senses. We have curated special cocktail recipes that go really well with different kinds of salads. Explore now and find your best cocktail and salad pairing!
Cocktail Recipes That Complement Salads
1. Tom Collins Cocktail Recipe
Tom Collins is a refreshing and delightful gin cocktail. This pairs exceptionally well with Caesar Salad. The delectable combination of gin, fresh lime, sugar and soda creates a concoction that simply pleases the palate. The citrusy flavours of Tom Collins complement the tangy goodness with a subtle hint of saltiness of Caesar Salad. Here’s the gin cocktail recipe made using Gordon’s London Dry Gin for you:
- Gordon’s London Dry Gin - 60ml
- Lime juice - 20ml
- Sugar syrup - 20ml
- Soda - top-up
- Lime Wheel - 1
- Grab a Collins glass and fill it with ice.
- Measure and pour Gordon’s London Dry Gin, freshly squeezed lime juice, and sugar syrup into the glass.
- Stir well to combine.
- Top up with soda water.
2. Margarita Cocktail Recipe
If you having a taco salad, then a Margarita is the perfect cocktail pairing to try! This classic tequila cocktail is one of the most exciting drinks with an unforgettable flavour profile. The combination of tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime, and agave syrup will thrill the palate. When you pair it with taco salad, it will surely be an elevated meal experience for you! Here’s the cocktail recipe made using Don Julio Blanco Tequila for you:
- Don Julio Blanco Tequila - 60ml
- Triple Sec - 15ml
- Lime Juice - 30ml
- Agave Syrup - 15ml
- Lime Wheel - 1
- Rub a lime wedge over the rim of a margarita glass and then dip it into salt to coat.
- Grab a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Measure and pour Don Julio Blanco tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice and agave syrup into the shaker.
- Shake vigorously to combine the ingredients.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture of the prepared margarita glass over the fresh ice.
- Garnish the drink with a lime wheel and serve.
3. Negroni Cocktail Recipe
Love Caprese salad? Try pairing it with a Negroni cocktail to elevate your dining experience! Negroni is a classic gin cocktail that has a pronounced flavour profile. The delicious fusion of rich botanicals of gin, sweet vermouth and bitter aperitif makes it a treat to sip! The exciting flavours of the cocktail with a hint of bitters make it an ideal match for creamy mozzarella and sweet tomatoes in the salad. Here’s the cocktail recipe made using Tanqueray London Dry Gin for you:
- Tanqueray London Dry Gin - 30ml
- Sweet Vermouth - 30ml
- Herbal-infused Bitter Aperitif - 30ml
- Orange Peel - 1
- Grab a mixing glass and fill it with ice.
- Measure and pour Tanqueray London Dry Gin, sweet vermouth and bitter aperitif into the mixing glass.
- Using a cocktail stirrer or a bar spoon, stir the ingredients well to combine.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with an orange peel or orange slices.
4. Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
Looking for a perfect cocktail to go with a Cobb Salad? Try the delicious and indulgent Bloody Mary cocktail! The versatile drink is the best brunch cocktail and packs a punch of flavours that leave the taste buds tingling. The bold flavours of the Blood Mary cocktail pair delicious well with the smoky meat, eggs and tangy cheese of Cobb Salad. Here’s the cocktail recipe made using Smirnoff No.21 vodka for you to try:
- Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka - 50ml
- Tomato Juice - 100ml
- Lemon - 1
- Tabasco Sauce - 4 dashes
- Worcestershire Sauce - 4 dashes
- Black Pepper (ground) - 2 Pinches
- Celery Stalk - 1
- Lemon Wedges - 2
- Cucumber Strip - 1
- Olive - 1
- Picked Veggies
- Grab a tall glass and fill it with ice cubes
- Measure and pour Smirnoff No.21 Vodka and tomato juice into the glass
- Stir the ingredients to combine
- Next, add 4 dashes each of Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce
- Add some freshly squeezed lime juice and 2 pinches of ground black pepper to the glass
- Stir gently to combine
- Garnish the drink with pickled veggies, olive, lemon wedges, celery stalk and cucumber strip
5. Old-Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
This scotch whisky cocktail is a match made in heaven for spinach salad. If you are a whisky cocktail lover, you definitely adore this simple and elegant drink! Old-fashioned is an iconic cocktail that brings whisky, bitters, and sugar in a sophisticated mix. The complexity and sweet and bitter flavours of this cocktail complement the earthy and tangy taste of spinach salad! Here’s the cocktail recipe made using the finest Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky that you can try at home:
- Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky - 60ml
- Angostura Bitters - 3 dashes
- Water - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Orange Twist - 1
- Grab a mixing glass and add sugar followed by bitters.
- Pour one teaspoon of water into the mixing glass.
- Stir the ingredients together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Next, fill the mixing glass with ice.
- Measure and pour Johnnie Walker Black Label Blended Scotch Whisky into the mixing glass.
- Stir well to combine.
- Prepare a rocks glass by placing a big block of ice in it.
- Using a cocktail strainer, strain the mixture from the mixing glass into the prepared rocks glass.
- Twist an orange peel to express the oils into the drink and drop it into the glass to garnish.