Vodka, Gin Or Tequila? Choose The Perfect Spirit To Gift Your Significant Other
The festive season will soon be upon us, and picking out the perfect gift for your significant other can be a needlessly confounding exercise. Along with other custom flourishes, a bottle of a classy spirit can signal an end to confusion of that sort. Of course, you’ll still need to decide just what that spirit should be, and this is where we come in with a few you-can’t-go-wrong-with-these suggestions.
Opt for vodka as a gift if your partner —
1. Loves trying out new experiences, adventures and flavours
2. Is imaginative about new combinations and untapped potential, as well as maximising their possibilities
3. Is clear about their likes and dislikes, which reflects in their forthright personality
4. Is absolutely the coolest person you know.
What you can get them —
We have three words for you (or is that four?): CÎROC Ultra-Premium Vodka. Unlike most vodkas that are created from grain, CÎROC is distilled from fine French grapes for a crisp, clean taste. An alternative could be Ketel One Premium Distilled Vodka, which is made using selected European wheat. The spirit carries faint notes of fennel, citrus and sweet liquorice, and the fact that it is a family-made vodka known for its premium quality and smooth texture makes this a shoo-in for gifting.
This spirit has witnessed a resurgence, and going by its popularity, it won’t be slowing down anytime soon. Gin is so flavourful in itself that it can be enjoyed neat, on the rocks, or even in delicious cocktails.
Opt for gin if your partner —
1. Has a keen eye for the classic, the crisp, the minimal, the cool
2. Responds to aesthetic objects and experiences
3. Is off-beat, eclectic and in every way, their own person
4. Loves gin (well, duh!).
What you can get them —
Gordon's The Original London Dry Gin is a particularly great choice if you’re looking for something a little more flavourful. It combines the piny taste of handpicked wild juniper berries, coriander, angelica and liquorice, which is then triple-distilled. If you think your partner would appreciate something a little more fruit and fresh, then pick up a bottle of Tanqueray No. 10, which is redolent with citrus elements like limes, oranges and pink grapefruit.
Tequila is another really great gifting choice and you can choose from any of these varieties: blanco, if you’re going for that original agave taste; reposado, if you prefer an oaky mellow flavour with hints of vanilla and caramel; or añejo if you want a woody, spicy flavour. Tequila takes a lot of time and patience to distil. So if you’ve been with your significant other for a while now, this could be a great metaphor for your journey together.
Opt for tequila if your partner —
1. Appreciates the traditional while keeping an open mind to the exotic
2. Is perfectly in tune with their inner self
3. Loves company, and making new friends and acquaintances
4. Has a fiery passion for life and all they do!
Apart from your partner’s personality and interests, you’ll always want to keep the occasion in mind when choosing which spirit to gift them. Gin is great to mark a new beginning, vodka is perfect for comfortable evenings and date nights together, while tequila adds an exhilarating touch to your gatherings and celebrations. And because you care, make sure you and your loved one enjoy these spirit-ed gifts responsibly!